Monday, April 04, 2005

My First Time - Blogging

Well this is my first time - Blogging. I'm not sure about it yet. I started reading one written by a redneck I know and became addicted to hers and a few others. It seems to be a great place to vent, release, fume, contemplate, share and just write. And oh how I need a place to do these things.

I work full-time, am married with 2 beautiful daughters, lead a troop of girl scouts, secretary of our PTO and am in my last semester at the University of my choice finishing my Bachelor's degree. So busy am I! And with all of this busy-ness I have few outlets and I love to write and I love to talk soooo I figured, hey why not try this blog thing, what could it hurt.

I live in a little (and I really mean little) town and drive 35 minutes to the big city (not really that big) to work. Last Tuesday I let my girls skip school to visit their cousin who is in town for the week so they rode to the big city with me to be dropped off at their nanny's (my grandmother) house. I now have an answer for all those that ask "Don't you get sick of driving so far to work?". My answer is this. . . . H E double hockey sticks NO! This morning I really needed my 35 minutes of peace and quiet, nothing but me and the chosen CD (Trace Adkins is that CD right now). Out of the 168 hours in a week I get approximately 5 hours to myself! And I did say 5, these are the hours I spend driving to and from work. So this morning when I had to share those precious minutes (please don't misunderstand this I do completely love my children) with one crying "I didn't want donuts, I wanted a breakfast sandwich" and the other practicing the art of the "wet willie" I found myself thinking oh how I love my drive ALONE to work!


***************************************
This is for the diva! I went to Fizzle & Pop the other day to read your story on the story board. I was about 1/2 way through it when my boss requested my presence in his office. Not thinking anything of it I left your story up and went back to see what he wanted. While back there, his son (he's also an attorney in our office) wanted to turn off Best Case on my computer so that he could use it. Once I was done with the meeting I go back to my desk and front and center on my screen is, you guessed it, your story! I glanced down and quickly finished reading what turned out to be your X-RATED story!!!!! and as I turned around my boss is behind me reading it too!!! SOOOO you can guess what the joke of the office is now!
****************************************
On to my last subject of the morning... My 10th Anniversary is coming up! and we are trying to decide what to do. We've talked about Cancun, Cozemel, and cruise, but I'm thinking we should probably just do the weekend thing closer to home. He mentioned Branson! Branson is great, we (me, my kids, my sister, her kids, and g-ma etc.) do it every summer Silver Dollar City, shopping for school clothes, etc. so I don't want to do it for our anniversary too. I'm graduating in May so it will be too hectic for us to do the cruise thing or anything very far away...... So any ideas would be welcome.

4 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Diva said...

OH
MY
GOSH!!

My x-rated story made the office news!!!! HOW embarrassing!

Yeah, beware of the Fizzle n'Pop group...we kinda get a little nasty and perverse and depraved at times. But it's a good kind of nasty!

I am so happy you're blogging!!! My sister made fun of me over the weekend saying that I was the only Miami blogger - I discovered another one over the weekend, too, so now I know of FOUR of us!!!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

I'm just gonna fill up the comments with me, me, ME!! :)

I know what you mean about needing the solitude occasionally. My husband has no clue what I'm talking about when I say "At least you get a 25 minute drive to and from work every day!! I don't even PEE by myself anymore!" He honestly doesn't get it. I love my kids as much as anyone and love being able to stay at home, but good gosh everyone needs a break occasionally.

I know what you mean about Branson, too. I love it, we go there multiple times a year, but every now and then you wanna go somewhere different. Husband decided to get so "different" on us that we went to Bentonville AR for our 10 year! Now THAT'S a change from Branson! lol

8:59 AM  
Blogger Monkey said...

Hey there! The Diva sent me this way - very nice to meet you Irish Divinity (I like that name!)

Welcome to the wacky/fun world of blogging!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Irish Divinity said...

Thanks, Monkey! Nice to met you also.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home