Friday, April 08, 2005

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

I think Albert's quote pretty much says it all! Yesterday I had spent quite a while typing in my most wonderful blog and low and behold the mysterious computer monster ATE IT! I mean that must have been what it was, otherwise it would have to be blamed on me and my infinite stupidity. And we just can't have that now can we?
***************************************
I was simply rambling on about the remodel at my house that is at a stand still, so I guess those lost words won't be missed too terribly.
I was thinking about our anniversary get away while checking the NASCAR race schedule AND GUESS WHAT? Do you give up? Ok, Ok, I'll tell you. . . . . The weekend of April 17th the race is at Texas Speedway!!! So I'm thinking how great this would be. Then I discover that if you want great seats you have to be willing to pay around $350.00 and $190 for VIP Pit Passes, and if you want good seats you have to be willing to pay around $200, the ok seats are $150 and the backstretch ranges from $75 to $95. Who wants backstrech? I want the great seats and the VIP Pit passes! But if you add it up 2 Great tickets, 2 VIP pit passes, 3 nights in hotel, at least 12 meals, airplane tickets and/or car rental and lets not forget the little extras and your grand total equals the cost of a 4 night all inclusive stay (at a good place) in CANCUN. So therein lies my dilemma - Cancun or NASCAR? Some of you are probably saying "You crazy woman there is no issue here, a sane person would easily choose NASCAR!" right? Well, I guess the problem is I'm having a hard time justifying that my great desire to be up close and personal in the PIT at a NASCAR race is the appropriate way to celebrate our anniversary. Husbands can be such a pain I swear! I mean it's my anniversary too, and yet he doesn't think that we should spend it at a place where I'll spend the entire day screaming some other man's name! *sigh* Men, ya can't live with and you just can't _____________ well fill in the blank - there are so many options.
***************************************
I must give praise here to the DIVA for she is a great and wonderful blog teacher. Did you see that I did a link and it works! WOW!

***************************************
I must say that it has only been a few times here to this blog and I am hooked. Terrible, I know.

I almost forgot to mention. I graduate on May 14th @ 9:30 a.m. I am sooooo excited and happy to be finished. I will be graduating with a Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice Administration with a double minor in Juvenile Justice and Paralegal and an Associates of Science in Law Enforcement. Yeah, for me. Now I just have to figure out a career path!
And even more exciting than that, my youngest will be graduating from Kindergarten in May!!! They have a whole ceremony with little caps and gowns, I can't wait.

I guess that's enough for now I'll leave you with my favorite Irish blessing:

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

This and other wonderful blessings and Irish Proverbs can be found at Trivia . I just like doing that link thing.
Have a great and wonderful day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Diva said...

Yay I can comment!!!

Girl, hold strong to that NASCAR dream!! Don't give in! I think it's a perfectly appropriate anniversary present to yourselves. My husband and I enjoy doing the racing/demolition thing together. Nope, it's not the most romantic of hobbies, but we like it and hey, we're the ones that matter, right!?

OOh you called me a "great and wonderful blog teacher". I am humbled, Grasshopper. Humbled.

My baby boy graduates from Kindergarten in May, too! Complete with cap and gown as well! Is that not the most precious thing ever?????? I got completely misty-eyed when Ab graduated a few years ago. I'm sure I will at Sam's, too. What am I going to do when they graduate for REAL????? I'll have to be sedated!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Irish Divinity said...

Hey, I got all misty eyed at Katlynn's kindergarten grad too! Yeah, sedation will probably be a must at their real graduations!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home