Wednesday, April 20, 2005

And so I come, To be the one, Who's always standing next to you . . .

I'll give you three guesses as to what song the above lyric goes to. The only clues are 1) it is one of my favorite songs and 2) It was in a movie that had Russell Crowe in it.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I am procrastinating right now. I should be working on a Deed and closing papers, but I just cannot seem to focus. I have a large research paper due tomorrow that I have gotten no where on, my Anniversary is Friday (we haven't ever made reservations anywhere - I may b-t-h about that later), my youngest daughter's bday is Saturday {OH CRAP! I just realized I haven't gotten her anything yet!! Bad mommy! I have however planned her swimming bday party and she thinks in her words, "sweet, you rock mom!"}, I have to get her cake made, my sister and her kids are coming to town Friday night, and list just keeps on going. Kind of like that freaken energizer bunny!
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
My research paper is on what we think is the biggest problem in the Juvenile Justice System. So if anyone would like to chime in, maybe it would help spur me into action!
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Our Anniversary being on the day before our daughter's bday made us decide to plan something for the weekend after. Now he will not commit to any destination. He went from it doesn't matter what it costs we need to get away, to isn't that kind of expensive for a weekend. Oh well, if we don't actually make it anywhere it will just be one of several disappointments of late.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
We're having her bday party in the meeting room of a hotel and it includes access to the indoor pool. So since we were not able to do the Flip Shop this is a terrific second! And the best part is we don't have to drive 30 minutes to get there! Yeah for me!! Now I just have to figure out what to get for the little stinker!! Her dad wants to get her a mini dirt bike! He's lost his mind!! Maybe if we lived in the country or had a huge yard (couple of acres), but not in town with no where to ride it except in the street. He gives me such a headache sometimes!
Speaking of him giving me a headache - - last night our kindergarten age daughter was complaining about how this little girl in her class is mean to her and so on (mind you it was 20 minutes after I told her to go to bed when dad came in and this conversation started) so his suggestion is to just punch her in the nose and then she'd leave her alone! Ok, there are several reasons why I think this is not the road we want to teach her to take one of those reasons being she goes to a private Christian school and it completely flies in the face of what she has been taught! I'm ok with sticking up for yourself and if someone hits you sometimes you have to hit back to stop further attacks. But come on, she is in kindergarten and it is really just a girls will be girls tiff. The little diva in question is without a doubt a brat (and I do not call many kids other than my own brats) she has shown her horrible attitude at several school functions for everyone to see while her mom stands there and says things like "now honey I'll explain it to you when we get home." and this was said to something that would have had me and just about everyother mother in the room mortified and ready to dole out punishment! So you know what they say about how far that apple falls. . . . Anyway, he just shouldn't be teaching her that violence is the answer. Luckily she comes to me with this stuff first and only uses it on him as her get out of bed for awhile card. She actually told him she wouldn't do it his way, it was wrong. I just fear one day the headmaster is going to call and have me come and pick her up because she's been suspended for fighting and when asked why she did it, her reply will be "my dad told me too"!
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
I am completely excited that my sister is coming in on Friday! She lives in Paola, Kansas and we don't get to see each other nearly enough! She has two beautiful kids, one is 2 1/2 and the other is 7 months. The last time she was down we went to the Trace Adkins concert at Buffalo Run. He smiled and waved at me! No joke, want to know why. . . I was standing up hollering when my sister grabs my arm and goes "he waved at you!" when I turned to laugh at her and say yeah right I realized I was the ONLY person in the ENTIRE room that was standing!!!! and we were on the 8th row center so I was in plain view! oops!!!lol We had the best time. It was however the only concert I have ever been to where everyone sat down (except me) almost the entire time. At one point me, my sister, and two of my friends just remained standing and after a few minutes everyone gave up and stood!!! I know I'm terrible, acting like a ----- teenager!!! O'well how many times will I ever get that close to TRACE ADKINS probably just that once!
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Well I should probably stop procrastinating and work on either my research paper or my actual work!!! Hope I didn't bore anyone to tears! I am putting an excerpt from an article I read this morning, the quote is from President Bush and oh boy do I have a rant on that. . . . So my next post may not be liked by staunch Bush supporters. 'Til next time. . . . .

The bill got final congressional approval last Thursday, and Bush said he was eager to sign it. "These common sense reforms will make the system stronger and better so that more Americans — especially lower-income Americans — have greater access to credit," he said.

2 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Diva said...

Yep, just what all of us poor folks need - more credit! I am a Bush supporter, but that was a dumb-ass one there, W.

It must be a redneck man from Oklahoma thing to tell your kids to punch other kids. My husband tells my kids that all the time. Heck, I grew up hearing it as well. I just have to go behind their daddy's back and tell them that defending themselves is okay, but throwing the first punch is out of the question. Geez.

Abby, my up until recently very shy child, has gotten quite a reputation for being one you don't mess with. Our only son, however, is a bit of a wuss at times. At dinner one night Paul was ranting at Sam about not fighting back and he said, "Good grief, no one picks on your sister! Do they, Abby? Does anyone pick on you?" Without even looking up from her plate, she said, "Nope. They know I'll knock the shit out of 'em." That's my dainty little girl. *sigh*

I'm not even going to venture a guess on the song title. I have never seen a movie with Russell Crowe in it, lol.

Isn't it awesome when your kids say you rock? I love that!

Hope you had a good Wednesday! Don't forget tonight's Lost! I can't tell from the commercials if it's old of new - probably old. They're going to rerun us to death before the big 2 our finale. It's just sad that I am this addicted to a TV show.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Babs said...

Problems in the Juvenile Justice System: you could start with the fact that kids are not being punished for committing adult crimes; hence repeat offenders. You could point out the lack of follow through for treatment and services. You could even focus on bad behavior while in detention. How about the focus of the Juvenile Bureau - is it for treatment or punishment? SO many problems, so little time.

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home