Monday, March 20, 2006

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring, etc. etc.

This is what my 6 year old was singing repeatedly on the way from the sitters to her school. One day we were going somewhere and it was raining and she sang that something like three or four times and lo and behold the rain stopped. Not tapered off, or lightened up, but stopped and the sun came out. So of course she fully believed that she had total control over stopping the rain. And still apparently thinks that she can at will! However, my nerves can only handle this song for a couple of miles, so I interrupt her and explain that we need the rain so that the burn ban can be lifted. That leads to the explanation of what a burn ban is:

me: Well when we haven't had enough rain or moisture, they issue a burn ban.
her: what's that?
me: A burn ban is when you can't burn anything, like charcoal.
her: What's that?
me: Charcoal? you know for grilling.
her: oh, [giggles] duh.
her: So you can't grill?
me: nope.
her: that stinks.
me: yep, you wanna get a donut?

and the rain song was forgotten, cuz mommy wants to grill! To just tell her to stop singing the rain won't stop because you sing a song, doesn't work. Her sister tried that one day and the argument was on. She's that way with most things though, you have to give her an acceptable reason why something should be done or sheesh, she can be STUBBORN!

Yesterday I had the baby in the living room floor laying on his boppy . He likes to lay on it facing up, and he scooches himself over the pillow to where his back is arched and the back of his head touching the floor. It’s pretty comical to see and I was fixing him every time putting him back to normal, but he just does it again and seems to be very content so anyway. . . . yesterday he was lying like that happy as could be and I told his sister to keep an eye on him while I cycled the laundry. A few minutes later she comes running hollering, “Momma, he flipped over!” My first thought was oh crap, where did I have him! And when it dawned on me that he was in the floor on his boppy I couldn’t figure out what she meant as I walked into the living room. So there the little stink is laying on the other side of the boppy, on his belly, looking STUNNED. I guess he just kept pushing on the floor with his feet until he somehow flipped himself over! Yeah, the kid is 11 weeks! Did I mention he is already rolling himself from his back to his side to his stomach!

And since I have carried on about the other two I’ll just continue along to my third child. She is in fifth grade and they had a science fair a couple of weeks ago. They had a month in a half, I think, to prepare their science project. The teacher gave them an outline. She did “Which is lightest? Rock, Sand, Chat or Dirt.” She did a bang up job! She got 3rd place for her class, which I thought was great. I was so excited for her, she tends to be quite introverted and a wee bit dramatic [the other daughter is a full fledged DRAMA.QUEEN.] so I was afraid she would be crushed if she didn’t get a place ribbon rather than a participant ribbon. She did work hard on it, her dad and I helped her, but only with the stuff she couldn’t do on her own. She got fairly aggravated {ok, down right pissed} a couple of times because, in her words, “you aren’t helping me at all!” *storms off rolling eyes and huffing* -

I can’t wait til she’s a teenager!

*dripping with sarcasm*

1 Comments:

Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

I can just see the expression on his face! Let me know if I need to get him tonight for you.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home