Tuesday, March 14, 2006

And so it goes. . . .

My 6 year old and I were talking on Saturday while driving somewhere and she was telling me about the AR trip her class had gone on the previous day. I asked her if everyone in the class had gotten to go and she said that they all had gotten to go except one little boy. This is the conversation that ensued:

her: Everyone but Levi.
me: why didn’t Levi get to go?
her: He told the teacher a lie or something.
me: What do you mean by that? (I’d like to point out that at this point I meant what did he lie about or what is the or something)
her: Well, momma, he was tellin’ the teacher somethin’ and he didn’t tell her the truth, what he said wasn’t true and so it was a lie and he didn’t get to go.

As she is finishing this sentence I look at her in the rearview and realize this isn’t sarcasm, she was contemplating the fact that she just had to explain what a lie was to her mother!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

I can just see her telling you that! With her head turned just to one side slightly, like she's trying to figure out if your as stupid as it seems at that moment! I've seen that look!!!!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

LOL!!!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Irish Divinity said...

Yep, Mrs. Coach, you nailed that one!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home