Thursday, March 09, 2006

It's official - Maternity leave is over and real life has began again!!!!


Here I am once again. It's been ages so I have much catching up to do.

I didn't realize my last post was November 17th. The end of November and ALL of December was fairly busy, to say the least. We of course couldn't travel anywhere for Thanksgiving, since the baby seemed to want to come visit early. So we celebrated at our house with family. It was nice, I had to sit on a bar stool to cook because I wasn't supposed to be in my feet and I'm sure that was a sight! But dinner was had and football was watched and everyone was happy. Then came the dreaded (by most) day after Thanksgiving. I needed to go shopping, but hubby (& dr.) said that didn't fit into being off my feet so ..... hubby took my list and at 4:30 a.m. headed out with my dear sister-in-law to bring home the needed purchases! He was wonderful during the pregnancy, but those last two months he made major points!
So on to December.......I muddled through my three days a week at the office and worked until the 23rd. We had Christmas at our house, my mom and her significant other stayed the night and his dad and stepmom came over around 7:30ish. We opened many gifts made way to much breakfast food and all in all had a really wonderful morning!
Then came the day, the 27th I had my appointment and was at a 1 and having contractions regularly and all so he sent me over to be admitted - it took something like 2 and a half hours to get in a room they were so busy - they gave me some pill thing to induce the labor slowly, (slow my ---) and I had very strong very on top of each other contractions for many hours and I gave in to the nurse and she gave me 1/2 a dose of stadol(sp) and within the hour my contractions stayed as strong, but were steadily 4 minutes apart. The dr. had been previously told how well I was progressing after the pill time wore off so he ordered nothing else so I was in limbo (major discomfort) all night. Finally morning came and being at a 4 the drip was started. Things progressed from there (details I'm sure you don't want) and lets just say I'll never know how I had my first two children without any drugs!! the epidural was very helpful - except when it wore off while I was waiting on the dr. - that was when I realized how crazy not having anything for pain was!! Anyway, at 4:37 p.m. Kael Paul Cochran made his entrance! And oh what an entrance.......he wasn't breathing and had no pulse.....our WONDERFUL [who I could never properly thank or express the depths of my gratitude too] nurse Melissa took charge and bagged him, called a code and proceeded to make him better.....it was the longest 45 seconds (or however long) of my life, I don't think I've ever felt that kind of fear. But, God was there and we were blessed by getting to keep Kael. He began breathing and pinking up and all that good stuff, he did have a little triangle bruise around his mouth and nose from the bag but other than that he was perfect! He weighed 8lbs 8ozs and was 21 1/2 inches long. The nurses and the Dr. kept going on about him have an over abundance of hair, when he fully crowned the nurse said "he's got more hair than the dr.!" It was quite funny at the time. Well I guess that is enough of the details, probably more than you actually cared to know, but I could gush all day, if allowed.

I am now going to attempt to add some photos and hope all goes well.




1 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Diva said...

OH MY GOSH!! April said right after he was born that there were some complications, but she wouldn't go into them. NO ONE EVER TOLD ME HE WASN'T BREATHING!!! Good heavens!! How scary that must've been for you!

He is such a precious baby. I'm already so in love with him!!

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home