Friday, April 21, 2006

What's that SMELL?

I probably should not repeat this, well, because it really lends to my 'blonde walking' title. No offense intended to any blondes reading this. I am the epitome of most blonde jokes. And yes Diva you already know what's coming!

On Tuesday the kids and I get in the van and I'm like, "Did one of you leave something in here over night that is smelling?" Replies of NO came quickly. I did a quick check under the seats and saw nothing. (I had vacuumed & cleaned it out on Saturday so I could actually see under the seats-amazing I know) So on with our lives we went. As the week progressed the van kept getting stinkier (I mean something died in here stinky) We looked and looked and I had finally decided something nasty must've been spilled on the carpet and the heat was making it linger. Yesterday morning I opened up my door and thought I am going to vomit if I don't get this smell out of here. I had thought that maybe something had been in the stroller (I keep it in the back all the time) when it got put away and that's what was smelling. So I at 7:30am when getting ready to leave for work I open up the back of the van. To the right of the stroller and kind of tucked under it where you couldn't really see it, was an odd looking walmart sack tied at the top so I grab it and proceed to try and untie it as I do this I see something had leaked out of the bag and in mid untie I hear my dad's voice from Sunday evening saying "I'm sending one of the turkey's from my freezer that I killed with you to put in the deep freeze."

Yep. You guessed it. There was a wild turkey dethawing in the back of my van and basically cooking in the 90 degree weather. When I told Diva this story I laughed so hard I cried. cried. And I thought she was going to wet herself she was laughing so hard at me. And Mr. Diva was looking at me stunned trying not to bust from laughter and disgust I think!

I don't know that the smell will ever come out of the van. I scrubbed and scrubbed the carpet and stuff back there and saturated it with febreze and plan to do it again with a carpet cleaner, but I must say there is nothing like a dead, smelly turkey to make two women laugh hysterically!

Kiersten was with me when I discovered the thing and of course it just so happened her dad picked her up yesterday and I guess she didn't even get fully in the truck before she ratted me out! So when I am telling this story to E yesterday while I am cleaning out the back of the van he is laughing at me because I am again laughing and says through his laughter, "honey, you have the sickest sense of humor I've ever seen." Apparently, this is a good thing.

5 Comments:

Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

That's nasty! We left a roll of sausage in a cooler once after camping, found it the next summer. Thankfully the smell was gone. I remember when electric went out 4th of July weekend and our freezer wasn't shut good......NASTY!!!

3:05 PM  
Blogger ~ A P R I L ~ said...

Hey, I forgot to tell you but you might spread some cheap charcoal over the spot where it leaked, charcoal is an odor absorber. Hope it helps some!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

EWW I don't want to even think of the smell! It sounds like something I would do! Good luck

12:26 AM  
Blogger bornfool said...

Been missing you around the neighborhood. :)
I wanted to let you know that the contest rules are up and it's underway. No worries. There's plenty of time.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

Still laughing about the turkey....

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home