Friday, September 15, 2006

It is what it is....

Life anyway you look at it. So many people try and make things into something they aren't. Most of the time I keep this way I see things to myself, well because it pretty much makes me sound like a real -itch(yeah it rhymes w/witch), but I've decided I'm 33 years old and if I sound like a -itch maybe I am and at this age I should just accept it and go on. Back to my point, because I'm fairly certain I have one. My point - it is what it is - life in general. Including work, relationships, raising kids, all of it. There are so many situations that people go into knowing what it is, but then get themselves all twisted sideways because instead just letting it be what it was they tried to turn it into something else. It is especially hard to deal with when you are willing to let something be what it is and not expecting anything other than that, yet someone else is convinced that you will try and turn it into something other than what it is and so they act weird.

I know clear as mud.

Anyway, I would just like for more people to just let things be what they are.

On to other topics. Like say the FLOOD that I had to clean up in my bathroom last night, oh I don't know around 1:30 AM! Kiersten had come in and crawled into bed with me and it woke me up. I got up and went in to get a drink and heard this strange noise coming from the bathroom, I step in there only to realize that my feet are in 2" of WATER! and that there is a spray equivalent to a GARDEN SPRINKLER shooting out of the pvc pipe that connects the water to our clawfoot bathtub. Let me remind you at this point, it is 1:30 AM and I'm still about 3/4 of the way asleep. I finally adjust my eyes and realize that no I'm awake and there really is a waterpark in my bathroom, and so I find the knobs to turn off the water flow to the tub and the sprinkler finally stops. I assess the mess only to realize that at some point one of my wonderfully helpful daughters had dumped out a very large laundry basket full of dirty clothes onto the floor in front of the washer and the youngest girl felt her comforter needed washed and put it in the floor in front of the washer so not only did I have water everywhere but I also had sopping wet laundry and comforter! Yeah, I'm sure you can insert the not so nice language that was spewing out of my mouth at this point. I did the only rationale thing that i could do at that time of the morning, I put all the wet clothes and comforter in the TUB (remember all water to tub was off) used the remaining clean (dry) towels, clean because the dirty ones were WET, to mop up the floor - oh and this took for flippin' ever and I'm sure there is standing water under the washer and dryer, but there was no way in haiti's that I was pulling them out to mop up the water right then!

Ok, well as you can see my day started very early in a very sh--ty way and well once at work it just plummeted done the flippin' mountain at full speed! But I'll save you from the details and just say that I am a probation and parole officer so it's expected I will run into pain in the ass people, but my gosh by 9 am I was ready to knock the livin' crap out of someone, pain in the ass does not begin to describe these people!

And with that, I will stop typing so as not to have a come apart while thinking about it......

Here's hoping the weekend is a huge improvement over this day!

1 Comments:

Blogger ~ A P R I L ~ said...

I'm sorry you had a bad night, make that a horrific night. (((((((BIG HUGS)))))))

I saw you this morning and you said you were sick so I hope you're doing better tomorrow, rest up chickie, you deserve a break.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home