Tuesday, May 31, 2005

What a week (ok over a week) this has been!!!!!

Well I haven't posted since Friday before last so I will start there I guess......

On Saturday we had dance recital! WHoo Hoo!! Dance recital equals no dance for the summer!! I cannot tell you how happy this makes me! With graduation over, dance over and girl scouts over all I have to worry about for 2 and a half months is softball!!(and my dad handles more than half of that!!) Anyway, dance recital went well, no one broke anything!! at the first of the season the dance instructor brings out these plastic wash tubs and starts showing the girls how they will be props for their dance. Nati's mom leans over and says "Wanna take bets on which one of our kids is going to fall first on stage?" we were laughing so hard some of the other parents gave us that don't they know how to be quiet look! It may sound terrible, but between Kiersten and Nati the clutz factor is way over the top!! Those two definitely need dance to improve their coordination! It did, however, turn out wonderful. The girls did really well until the final steps of their dance involving the tub wherein they were to plop into it as the finish when Nati hits the edge of her tub and it shoots out behind her a couple of feet and she landed with a plop on the stage! The look on her face was as they say "priceless"! I hope someone was taping that with a close up, she'll love it when she's older! And as I witness this I could here her mom asking about taking bets! lol
Ok, long dance story, now on to the rest of the week.
################
Sunday was pretty uneventful.
##################
Monday, my dad calls to tell me that the Dr. had called him with his lab results (he had 1/2 his thyroid removed due to a mass) and that it was thyroid cancer and they would be removing the rest of his thyroid on Wednesday. What a way to start the week!
###################
On Tuesday I awoke to a wretched thunderstorm. Everything was going pretty normal until I get on the turnpike to go to work. Right after the overpass that is just before Buffalo Run, I hit a huge amount of standing water and hydroplane, crossing over the entire lane almost to the grass, I think I have it just about under control when low and behold we (both girls were with me) start to spin, and I mean full blown car was spinning in complete circles! Then I turn to the girls and say hold on tight - WHAM - we hit the concrete median with the rear passenger side of the car. Talk about a jolt, I hit my head so hard on the window that I could make out details on the stars I was seeing.
It was horrible, the first (knock on wood) wreck I have been in that I was actually driving! Thankfully, (there is no question God took over and protected us that morning) the girls were a little shook up, Katlynn had a pretty good scratch from the seat belt on her collar bone and Kiersten had some nasty bruises on her inner elbows (I can't even begin to figure out how she got bruises there!) My I had a nice headache and my left side was sooooooooooooo sore for several days. But other than that we are all good. And the baby is fine, strong heartbeat etc.
My car however wasn't so lucky. It's totaled. The rear passenger wheel came completely off, the rear axle is bent into an awkward position, the trunk well the lid doesn't quite match up with rear to close, the rear passenger door is trashed and so forth. But it gets better, my husband goes to our insurance co. The next day to pay them early for June and to tell them about the wreck, the lady says, "there was some mishap with your May payment and your policy was cancelled!" My husband oddly enough stayed calm and asked why we weren't notified, only to be told she didn't know.
I have to say neither one of us really cares. No one was hurt badly, I didn't hit any other vehicles, and so we eat the medical bills and figure out how to get a new vehicle. I'm thinking we got off way lucky. The paramedic's and the Dr. (and my ob) seemed to think for that wreck with that impact it was amazing we weren't hurt badly.
The rest of the kicker is I got a TICKET! Yeah, a ticket, he said that even though I was only going 60 - 65 he was giving me at ticket for improper driving with respect to weather conditions. I can't even make myself find out what that will cost and do to our insurance premiums. Just before he tells me this I am being wheeled back into the trauma cubicle where the girls are to hear my 5 year old tell him (the highway patrolman) that she had forgot to fasten her seatbelt! The doctor heard this and leaned over me and said, "hon, if she hadn't been buckled we'd be treating her for all kinds of injuries."
We are very thankful.
#####################
On Wednesday I had to go to Grove to see my dad before surgery (his 2nd in a week) and then be in Miami by 3 for my 1st OB appointment. Well Dr. did an ultrasound and baby is good. Strong heartbeat, etc. measuring approx. 9 weeks. Which is 6 weeks off what they had said using my last period! So my due date was officially changed to January 2nd 2006. Weird saying 2006, huh! I was a little freaked out, thinking only 9 weeks and I already have that pooch in my lower stomach (yeah those 8's are so gone and the 10's are too snug unless they are low rise) and I was told that since it's my 3rd child of course I would show earlier, women tend to, they say. So even if -they- are full of horse---- I'm going with it!!! lol
I do however plan to be much more careful this time around!! This time I cannot gain my customary 60lbs.
##################
Thursday and Friday were wonderfully dull.
Saturday the girls and I went grocery shopping, then to the pool for opening day. I sat with my feet in the water for a while and then found a chair. That water was too cold. What is it with kids and swimming in water that is -30 degrees!!! They had a ball anyway, then we went to tamara's for her most wonderful chicken enchiladas, I'm tellin' you these are the best!! While there us adults watched Aviator. It was a good movie, a lot better than I thought it would be. However, the end hacked me off. It wasn't bad, just not how I thought they should have ended it. Oh well, guess I should write screen plays and then I could end them how I wanted! I just hate to watch a 5 hour (ok not really, but it seemed like it) movie and have the ending not coincide with what or how I think it should end.
##############
I know I still have Sunday and Monday, but I will bore you know longer.
Does anyone like Michael Creighton (sp?) I just finished his new book, State of Fear. I didn't like it nearly as well as his others I have read. It was good though, just technical.
################
Have a wonderful day! The week looks good since there are only 4 working days!!! I really want a job that doesn't require me to work on Fridays!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

That reminds me.....you owe me $5.00 since my kid hit the ground first! She swears it was the "little bugs on the stage" that moved her bucket.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Irish Divinity said...

little bugs!!! Only Nati. . . I guess she did hit the ground first you've got me there!!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home