Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Contemplating life's little wonders . . . . . . . . . . .

I'm going to post in patches today, because I can't seem to spend any set amount of time posting here lately. It seems as though I get started only to be intermittently interrupted and then I just do not seem to get anything posted!

I have an announcement (clearing my throat here) "I just found out I will be having baby #3 in November!!!" We are soooooooooooo excited.
We told the girls Friday after doing the test and our oldest was/is elated! She was beaming, and then looks scared all of the sudden and says, (and I quote) "Mom, what if it's a GIRL?!?!?!" I was like well then it's a girl. She didn't think I was funny. She replied, [while pointing across the room at her sister] "What if it acts like - - HER!?!?!" By this time I was laughing to hard to answer, because she was completely serious!!
Then our six year old's reaction was so great! She says, "Are you serious? Are you serious?" like 5 times and I replied "yes, I'm serious." She's quiet about it for a while and then looks at me very seriously and says, "Mom you do know that they cry ALOT right?" I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard!!!
All in all I think they've reacted quite well. And of course one wants a brother and the other wants a sister!! {will they ever agree on anything?}
Even better than their reaction was my grandmother's! She dies laughing when Katlynn tells her, looks at me and in between laughing says, "May I ask why?".
Ok, by this point I'm thinking maybe I should wait to tell anyone else!!! Of course, a few minutes into the conversation she says something about me having a baby at 40 and I was like, "Nan, I'm only 31!!!" So it was a little better.
Anyway, I had better get busy. Hopefully I can post again in a bit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Diva said...

OMG So is THAT why you were asking me if I'd read any good blogs today???????? I am so dense sometimes.... were you not just busting to tell me? How did you hold back? You goose.

CONGRATULATIONS!! I could just hug you right now! Except I can't really hug you right now because, well I'm typing on my computer and it's 10:40 at night and I don't really think you'd appreciate me driving to your house to hug you at 10:40 at night. So let's just leave it that I am tickled pink for you and that I was at least THINKING of hugging you!

Oh and don't you think "Diva" is a simply FABULOUS name for a third daughter???

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! As the mother of 3 daughters 15,12,and 5...you have my best wishes. Life is never boring, I must say.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Babs said...

Congratulations! I'm happy for YOU! For YOU, and anyone else wishing to have another child.

Just thought I oughta make myself clear. Wouldn't want the wish gods to think I was making a wish (lol).

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home