Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Once upon a time in a far, far away land . . . .

Kidding, just kidding. I don't have anything that good!

I haven't written in ages, just haven't felt like it. I went to a seminar Friday and during the excruciatingly boring section on Chapter 11's I decided to write in long hand a blog. Did it, it's boring, but I'll type it in here anyway:

I am sitting here in a room full of attorneys and paralegals at a legal seminar concerning the new bankruptcy laws. Oh such fun you say -- yeah that's what you're thinking I'm sure. We are at the 10:50 section on Chapter 11 Small business bk's. This in no way pertains to my work so I thought I'd write this instead. This thing began at 8:15 am and goes til 4:20 pm - so bets on how long before I fall asleep?
Anyhow, we came to KC yesterday evening. My boss decided to be extra nice and pay for a room here at the Hyatt for me so I could just go down to the conference. So we get here and parking is $15.50 per night! Ok, we were in the middle of downtown and so you have no choice you park and you pay. Well the only eating options were room service, their choice of 3 restaurants (fancy & pricey) or the restaurant on the top floor that well, was too freakin' expensive to walk into little lone eat! So we opted for room service (cheaper of the choices and that isn't saying much) you wouldn't believe what we paid for nachos and salad! I have learned from this hotel that apparently I am cheap!! There I've said it! Laugh if you will, but really when you consider the cost of the room (my boss paid for I would not have paid that much for a room!), parking cost, eating costs etc. it was just way too high. I could've paid for a normal hotel room for what I spent on room service & parking!! Ok, there's my gripe for this blog!
and my confession!

During the seminar Mr. Divinity to our girls to his cousin's house and his aunt's house, they had a great time. Then he picked me up and we went to his aunt's and just relaxed and visited. Saturday I got around and while he went to help his aunt and uncle move their daughter's stuff out of her house (it sold) I stayed and helped his other aunt clean house because they were having an open house (their's is on the market - oh how I wish I had $300,000 to blow!) and then we drove to my sister's for my nephew's bday party! Then drove home, I just didn't feel like staying another night.

Well if you aren't sufficiently bored, I will type my whiney Wednesday blog later!!! so for now enjoy you day!!

p.s. looks like fall/winter might actually be on it's way!!!! Did you see that snow in Montana!!!!! Snow and cowboys aren't those women lucky!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home