Monday, August 28, 2006

Honey, I'm home.......

Good morning strangers! I guess I’m the stranger really. My deepest apologies for being gone so long. So much has been going on since I last posted I don’t know where to begin.

I guess I’ll start with my new job. I must say that I am about to begin my 3rd month and I really do love it. There is entirely too much paperwork and loads of out of town training, but hey I get to carry a gun and I can arrest people! I went up last week and was commissioned, I have my little Miranda warning card and everything. Ok, quit laughing. I do however, really like my job so far. The people in my office are so terrific. And so far everyone I’ve come into contact with in the DOC has been nice. I’m scheduled for CLEET in January, not so much looking forward to that. I’ll survive somehow, I’ve just really got to get my butt in shape. And I need to get to the range, I’m ok on the target it’s the time that will get me. Then after CLEET my out of town training should be done except for the yearly CLEET hours we are required to do, that consists of conference type things so it shouldn’t be too bad.

We had a fairly uneventful summer. With me starting a new job just as school ended there really wasn’t the option of going anywhere for a vacation. We went to the lake, the pool, my sister’s and his brother’s and that’s about the extent of it.

The kids are back in school. One in middle school, one in 2nd grade and of course baby divinity that attends redneck diva’s school for babies. Kid #2 tried public school, it didn’t so much work. She was miserable. I fell apart after dropping the oldest off at middle school. (that’s a story for another day) But all in all it’s going well.

Other items on the at home front are not fairing so well, but that’s all I’ll say for now.

I’ve missed being here, so I plan on staying updated now. And I hope to update pics soon.

Until another day……

2 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Diva said...

YAY!!!!!! You're back!!! I diligently check, but haven't said anything because I know how busy you've been, but man I'm glad you're back!!!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

"...attends redneck diva’s school for babies..."

That made me laugh.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home