Monday, May 08, 2006

Somebody better build a boat!

Ummm, yeah. It has rained so freakin' much it is straight up ridiculous! I know, we were having a drought and needed some rain to get rid of the burn ban, but. come. on. And in my defense (those of you who are shrieking that I'm nuts) I'm not just a sun seeker that hates the rain, mr. divinity does concrete [yeah, you probably don't really want me going there - ] and as you can probably guess one cannot pour concrete in the rain. Ok, well you can but only if it's a light rain and then it's a real painintheass! So there is good rain i.e., rain to keep the crops alive, rain to keep the burn bans away, and there is bad rain i.e., the days and days of storm (oh hush.) after storm after storm that turns into how many weeks of rain on more days than not. And just so we are clear, I DO know the solution involves him and a different profession. I. Do. Know. This. However, apparently nobody has convinced him of that yet. So all I can do is bitchabouttherainnotstopping hope the rain concludes for a while.

On a more pleasant note, my babies are doing well. Ok, so only Kael is the only baby, but well you know. Katlynn is graduating from 5th grade and moving up to the middle school. And I must say, I am not ready for this. I do not think that 6th graders should be at the middle school. I have flashes of that movie Mean Girls and I get riled up just thinking about any of those mean girls doing/saying anything mean to my sweet girl! And Kierst is going into 2nd grade, which wouldn't be a big tado except she will be transferring from her private school [that I love, and am very torn about her leaving] to public school. Her best girl friend and her sister, and two cousins are all transferring to public next fall and her mom and I want to transfer them at the same time to the same school to hopefully make their transition smoother. Kael has figured out that if he continues to turn over he is quite mobile. So now I lay him in the living room floor on his blanket and he rolls across the room until he comes to either a wall or furniture and can't go any further. And when he is not rolling around he is on his stomach pulls his legs up under his tummy and lunges forward, it's very funny to see, but I am not ready for him to be so mobile!!! Saturday he was doing that and rolled into the leg of his swing so hard that he had a nice strawberry on his forehead for two days! He's a mess, when you're holding him in a sitting position on your lap he'll lean up and steady himself with his elbow to where he is basically sitting up on his own power! Reminder, he is only 4 months and 10 days old!

Well I have rattled off and on this afternoon and it is now time to go home, so until we meet again! [I know corny as corny can get!]

4 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Thanks for your congratulations. Obviously, though, you're the better writer because you've got a gazillion more page hits than I have got, in roughly the same time.

Semantic question for ya. Don't you pour cement? Isn't concrete the finished product? I'm not a blue collar type, so I'm ignorant about such stuff, eg, why do they pour cement but lay blacktop?

8:52 PM  
Blogger bornfool said...

y'all come back now y'hear!. sorry, I couldn't resist.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Irish Divinity said...

big dave - technically concrete is made up of cement, sand, gravel and water once mixed it hardens and becomes concrete so what you are pouring is concrete. If you just poured cement you'd have a different result. And they lay blacktop because the machine it comes out of sort of lays it on the ground and concrete is poured out of a mixer truck. And yes, I know way more than I EVER wanted to about concrete. lol

2:44 PM  
Blogger Irish Divinity said...

Bornfool - yeah, I kind of evoked that didn't I!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home