Monday, August 29, 2005

DREAM BIG

I am listening to the best song. It's called, you guessed it, "Dream Big". If you haven't heard it you should go to yahoo music videos and listen to it. You'll feel better. I absolutely love this song. It's by Ryan Shupe & The Rubber Band. A friend of ours' son had a form of MD and passed away not long ago and right after I received the call that he was gone I heard this song for the first time and it just fills my heart and head with Tyler everytime I hear it.

***************
We went camping this weekend. I took my two girls and there were 6 other adults and 14 other girls there. It was a girl scout thing. We all stayed in what is called the C.I.T. house. Bunk beds, fans and spiders oh my. It was on a hill that had to be climbed everytime you wanted to use the latrine (yes, I just said Latrine! No flushies) or go to your vehicle to get something out. It was way to hot, but other than that it was a fun time. We got to go swimming for around an hour on Friday, til the lifeguard saw lightening and made everyone get out (no sense of humor there, she said no games of chance in her pool!) It was ok to get out though they were all freezing, the water was oh, I don't know 30 below!!! My husband informed me this is probably because it is well water. Anyway it was COLD. So we had hot dogs over the fire for dinner and sat around and visited. I apparently miss spoke when during a conversation that I had been 6 months pregnant when I got married (there were three 11 yr olds in the room - all of which I have known for ages and know their parents in some fashion) oops. Then Saturday we had a late breakfast (not by choice - it just seemed to take ummm-forever) It was good though. Then some of the girls went for a hike and some of us drove to look around the camp grounds (we got out and walked some). Some of us played yatzee and visited etc. we had lunch and started to get ready to go. We got all vehicles packed, cleaned the place up, then realized we had to take all of the trashwith us!! (if you bring it in you take it out) So we then had to figure out who was taking what in our already full cars. Fun Fun. One leader had left early on to go get coffee only to come back and have her car die on her, completely. So she got her husband down there and he said "Yep, it's dead" so they were going to go get a new one!! Must be nice!! So anyway, I am totally ready to go when I get in and try to start my van - the operative word here is try. It won't start, so we try jumping it, nothing, we tried everything we could think of, nothing!! So me and my two girls jump in with someone else and decide Mr. Divinity can come back later and figure it our!

OHOHOHOH - I had to take my girls to the fair Saturday night after our camping extravaganza and holy crap was it HOT!!!! Jenifer that had given me a ride home took her kids too so I had someone to visit with and the girls had someone other than each other to ride with. They had such a good time!! Jenifer totally saved me!!! So we visited and the kids rode rides. Luckily we got there at 6pm so they rode most everything without having to wait in line long. We saw April she was covertly following MWH. And after 2 in a half hours, a slice of pizza and a funnel cake to share we headed home!!! I have to say I am so glad the fair is only once a year!! I spent $60!! and they didn't play the games, just bracelets, drinks and food!! CRAZY!!

Well I have much to ramble on about, but it is time to go home so I will finish at a later date!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger ~ A P R I L ~ said...

Camping, are you INSANE?! LOL Don't you realize it's AUGUST, the hottest freaking month!

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? Someone had a fair experience this year that did not involve some sort of fist fight. Hmm...I wonder what it was like? :)

Small Town Starlit

9:33 PM  
Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

I spent $3.00 the entire fair week and that was on Saturday night for 3 cans of pop. I spilt the first one, Nati drank the next one and I can't remember where I sat the next one down. I put my foot down this year and told the entire family I was starting the week with a $5.00 and I was gonna end the week with part of it. I can't believe it worked.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home