Friday, August 12, 2005

Things keep hitting my window. . . . .

Ok, maybe I should explain. In my office there are these three windows and outside fairly close to the building are a lot of trees. Well things randomly fall and/or collide with my windows, tree limbs, acorns, birds, and yesterday a squirrel fell off and hit it too!! I am so not kidding it was a gray squirrel and he hit hard!
Now that your all excited by my amazing squirrel story I'll move on to something else.

Last night my daughters were doing chores. The elder one was unloading the dishwasher and the younger one was mopping (water mopping) and they were of course bickering about who knows what. So it becomes physical. Now mind you it is almost always the littler one that throws the first punch/slap/kick whatever so I listened for a while and threw in the occasional could you two quit please. So after this goes on for a bit, (shorty had been crying for several minutes) she comes in bawling about her sister having hit her. I casually asked if she had hit her big sister first and her reply was "(through tears and all) yes, but she hit me harder and more times!!!" I know it's twisted that I think this is funny, but the kid tells on herself everytime!! I just hope it continues (the tattling on herself, not the hitting)

Well Diva's post on offering her husband a blow job for his troubles had me rolling on the floor and it reminded me of a similar conversation I had with Mr. Divinity a few weeks ago. I was asking him when he was going to put the pool up, and he said he didn't know. I told him that it wasn't for the kids I really, really wanted the pool up for me! He smiles and says something about if he had the time the next day or maybe by the end of the week. Well I pop off with I really want the pool up, I'd even consider giving him sexual favors in return (he's grinning like you wouldn't believe) and then (here's the funny part) I finish with saying "I don't even have to be involved" - ok as he is falling off the couching laughing at this final remark I am trying to explain what I meant, etc. - he was laughing to hard to so I gave up and realized just what I had said. Sometimes I should just open my mouth and insert my foot!!
And if he ever found out I wrote about that on here he'd have a fit!!!

Oh, I almost forgot, we went and saw Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. It was good, both my daughters liked it, the younger one didn't get all of it, but she liked it. My older one loved it! I am apparently the sappiest person on earth cause I cried (ok maybe not the sappiest my aunt went too and she cried - at least I have the excuse that I'm pregnant!) It isn't a sad movie, it's upbeat and a 'this is how we got through by helping each other' movie.
You should see it.

Well I should be working, so I guess I'll go for now.


2 Comments:

Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

Can our husbands do ANYTHING without thinking they should be paid with sex? I mean, I gave birth, I fold laundry, I clean up blood, snot, poop and pee, type papers for him, look up crap on the internet for him, fix dinner, wash his truck, etc.. and do I ask for sexual favors???? NOOOO...and that's because I'm usually mad because it's something I've asked him a hundred times to do and I give up and do it myself.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Good luck on that hubby thing!
We were going to go see the Traveling Pants, but we saw the Longest Yard instead. I still want to go see it though it looked like a good movie. We bought the Winn Dixie movie a couple of days ago. It is very good!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home