Thursday, August 18, 2005

I MISSED whiney Wednesday!! oops

I had to leave work early to go to some appointments and didn't get my post done before I left. And I don't have any pictures with me to take part in HNT soooo I'll just babble.

I went to the Dr. yesterday for my monthly appointment. Heard the baby's heartbeat (it's so cool to hear it, even though I've heard it numerous times!). They measured my belly and weighed me (that part sucks) and told me everything looked good. I do however have to go have a full retinal exam at the eye doctors. I have been seeing stars (every now and then) and I can't wear my contacts over a couple of hours and my eyes get foggy, and even wearing my glasses all day my eyes get foggy. So she wants me to go have this done. Just what I needed another bill to pay!! Oh well, I like being able to see so I guess I'll go. Oh yeah, she also grinned and said looks like you'll probably be our New Year's baby. It left me wondering If I was their only patient with a January 1st due date?!?!? It would be cool to have the New Year Baby. Hopefully it will involve free diapers! That'd be terrific!!

I went to our Girl Scout Service Unit meeting the other day and I guess we are going to go camping as a unit sometime soon. It should be fun. If you read the Diva then you've read her story about calling our Service Unit Manager's daughter a nazi to the manager's face in her home, granted the diva didn't yet know she was speaking of the woman's daughter! Yeah, it was hysterical! Anyway the 'nazi' as she was so labeled by the Diva will be on this camping trip, so it should be interesting to see who she blasts this time! (Sherry if by chance you're reading this I am soooooooo kidding here!)
Anyhow, it should be fun. I haven't told my husband yet, he'll probably tell me I'm nuts considering I'm 5 1/2 months pregnant! Oh well I know how to inflate the blowup mattress!

I am really glad tomorrow is Friday. This has been a long week, with school starting and all.

If you haven't you should go look at April's Half Nekkid Thursday post! It's almost frightening!!

Well I guess I'll find some work to do before I leave for the day!

Have a wonderful evening!

6 Comments:

Blogger Redneck Diva said...

Have you done your gestational diabetes test yet? The blurry eyes makes me wonder what your blood sugar is doing, girl!

Kady's due-date was New Year's Day, too. Then I went into premature labor and was on bedrest and had steroids and ooh it was so much fun! And then I was dilated to a 6 for 2 weeks until the doctor finally had pity on me and induced me on the 19th. She was born 5 days before Christmas instead of on New Year's Day. Which is our wedding anniverary, which would've been cool because then at least we could celebrate something since we never do for our anniversary. Whew! I got long-winded there. Sorry.

Anyway, not sure why I shared that with you, but yeah, it would be cool to get free diapers for having the NYBaby!!

Oy sometimes I think I have ADHD.

6:28 PM  
Blogger ~ A P R I L ~ said...

awe, i'm blushing... frightening, I LIKE IT! WHOO HOOO!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

Um...you forget I have a 5th wheel and know how to pull it. We'll show those other Scouts what camping really is! Tv, DVD, PS2, Air Conditioning, Microwave, 5 beds with real mattresses and an INDOOR POTTY AND SHOWER!!!!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Irish Divinity said...

Diva - I don't know if they've done that test or not. She just told me to do the eye thing. So I guess if it's still happening on my next visit I'll ask. 5 days before Christmas! Katlynn was on her due date and kiersten was induced 5 days after her due date (not dialated at all). So who knows with this one.

April - Glad you approve!!

Mrscoach - I am soooo going camping with you!!!!AIR CONDITIONING!!!!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Queen Of Cheese said...

Trust me, if they've done the blood sugar test, you'll remember it. YUCK!

I even have the cute little lights to hang out and everything.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

Yeah, the diabetes test is where you go all morning without eating then drink the flat orange soda and gag while you try to force the nasty crap down your throat THEN they take your blood. It's not something I have forgotten and it's been 4 years since my last pregnancy!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home