Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Some people are so stupid. . . . . .

Well if thats not a nice way to start off a blog I don't know what is. Kidding, only kidding. No really I work in an attorney's office and boy let me tell you some days I wonder if stupid people out rank us like '10 to 1'!! I mean really. I'm not going to give my, oh I don't know 10 examples from today, but believe me you'd agree.

Maybe it's hormones, I don't know, but generally I am an EXTREMELY patient person. It takes quite a bit to unnerve me, this is something I worked at for years because I watched my parents' tempers flare all throughout my childhood and decided I wouldn't be like that. I have a raging temper once I'm past 'that point' and all hell will break loose and I hate that feeling. Not to mention I can hold a grudge like you wouldn't believe! It has been pointed out to me on many occasions how people assume I have a hellofa temper due to my red hair. Well, I have a decent amount of Irish blood in me (hence the red hair) and boy that expression "make my blood boil" must've been coined by an irishman!! So my point being, here lately know matter what I do to squelch my temper it keeps rising and rising for really small things! Mr. Divinity thinks it's kind of amusing. And sitting here writing this I just laughed at myself. Right now the main contributors to my wanting to physical harm someone seems to be 1) My boss (can't hurt him he signs my checks -ok well I sign my check, but he puts the money in the bank) 2) the vast majority of our clients 3) potential clients, that don't really need a lawyer, have any money, but just feel the need to call me during my work day and, 4) those wonderful strangers that like to tell me how HUGE I am for only being 5 months pregnant (oh and w/my second child at 5 months I looked more like 81/2 months, so I'm thinkin' I'm doin' pretty good). And truth be told I'm not walking around in a bad mood, I'm most usually in a good mood (kinda of tired, but happy). So that tee-shirt I go from 0 to Bitch in 1.9 seconds well apparently that is me in a nutshell!
Let's just all pray I make it through without physically assaulting anyone!!!

*****************
I guess I'm going to take the girls to see "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" tonight. I actually need to clean my home, but I said I would so there it is. I'll let you know how it is later.
****************
If you haven't read it april has this great double meaning dictionary thing up, you should go check it out, it's funny!
*****************
Well I'm going to go it's 5PM and I can leave now!! Have a wonderful evening!
*****************

5 Comments:

Blogger ~ A P R I L ~ said...

0 to bitch in 1.9 seconds, funny! I thought it was MUCH sooner than that when I was pregnant! But then, I was 21 when I was pregnant, maybe the age slows you down a bit? LOL

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet you do encounter the best Ottawa County has to offer at the law office, huh! Sorry you had such a bad day. I hear that the "Sisterhood..." is a good one. Why clean your house when you can go to the movies?

Small Town Starlit

5:30 PM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

I was just weepy and snivelly when I was pregnant with Abby. With Sam I was a bitch on wheels. In fact, Mom and Sis both said they would leave the country if I ever got pregnant again after that. Mom was in Europe when I found out I was pregnant with Kady - Sis said, "Maybe you oughta just go ahead and tell her on the phone when she calls in. Then she can just stay there and save herself the time and trouble." Can you imagine me being like that? Me either. ;)

Hang in there, hon. It gets better.

Hey, when are you and the girls coming out? I'll be around all day tomorrow but it's my first day with the new baby so I'm not sure how much I'll be online. Drop me a note though and let me know! I'd call you but I don't have your number and well, that kind of is stopping me.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Irish Divinity said...

April - you're a mess! there are days when it only takes a word to tick me off!

Starlit - I actually work in Jasper county now, I worked in Ottawa County for a long time, but to many of those stupid people that came in I knew or knew of and you kind of hit a point where you think "do I really want to know I live this close to these kinds of people!!" So I found a job out of Miami!

Diva - So did your mom stay in Europe?

9:20 AM  
Blogger Redneck Diva said...

Nah, I blindsided her with the news the night she came back. She was so upset that she'd only brought back souveniers for 4 grandchildren, not 5! And I wasn't a total bitch the entire time either. I bet they felt bad for saying stuff like that about me. :P

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home