Monday, April 03, 2006

From a Tater's questions

Ok, over on the Tater's blog she asks a question and when I was answering it in the comment section (like she's instructed) I realized how long winded I can be and thought - hey, that'll make a post. So here goes it.

The questions raised is: "Assuming that you are a generous person (and even
if you're not too bad) if you had all the money you need what organization or
cause would you want to contribute too?"

That's a hard one. There are so many worthy organizations. I
think I would have to find a worthwhile one that helped homeless families.
There is a local one, in NY I think that has a school set up for homeless kids,
so that they have a place to go. Since they are homeless and move from one shelter to another or live in their car, or wherever they can find they have a difficult time with school. Another problem for them is of course clothing for school, supplies etc. This school offers a type of 'store' that the kids can find clothes in and school supplies and other necessities. No one there judges them, they're all in the same situation which makes it easier to face everyday. I think that places like this could help stop the cycle. It gives these kids an opportunity at an education and a much better chance at getting off the streets.

I am now going to go search for this school/organization so that I can post the link.

So now go visit Tater and see what else she's askin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home